虛擬實境高空工作訓練 VR Immersive Training for Working at Height
Developer: VTM Digital Limited
Working at height has always been one of the tasks with very high risk for the construction workers. The industry is constantly thriving to improve work safety at heights, but the number of fatalities remains substantial. To improve the situation, workers must receive safety training to increase their awareness of the potential safety hazards of working at height. However, what can be done to really arouse their attentionencouraging them to make changes in their work behaviors and mentality? To achieve this goal, virtual reality (VR) training would probably be an effective way.
VTM Digital Limited has developed a VR training kit for working at height. The training simulates real work conditions and common safety issues, aiming to alert the trainees of potential safety hazards under different construction site scenarios. There are three training scenes: 1) Metal scaffolding; 2) Formwork; and 3) Electrical and mechanical installation. The training provides realistic workplace experience for interactive learning. If workers do not take proper safety precautions, they will experience the consequences of the accident. It would deepen their understanding on the importance of construction safety, thus changing their work behaviors and safety mindset, fostering safety culture to reduce accidents.
- Wireless VR devices provides flexible and safer user experience
- No need to connect with computer and sensor, easy to use anywhere
- Not much space is required for training, standard container office space is sufficient to use
- Simulate common work at height conditions for practice training
- Provide realistic workplace experience for interactive learning